Friday, February 21, 2014

Charades

I've been in Korea for about 4 days, so I'm almost fluent in Korean.

Until I get to that point, moments like these will continue to happen:

Here I am, reenacting a real-life situation wherein I ask a HomePlus (akin to Walmart) employee where to find some garbage bags...


This was unsuccessful.

Then I tried looking for contact lens solution...


This time was more successful.

After returning to my apartment, I discovered that I already had contact lens solution...at least I had extra pantomime practice.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha! This made my morning. I love that you video'd this. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. [2 weeks later...] Thanks Yandary. Lately I've been looking up Korean translations for words, especially since I had to go the pharmacy a few hours ago.

      Delete
  2. It would make me very happy if you reenact the next year of your life a la YouTube videos. Please consider this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only if you approve of me playing this music in the background: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf5UfOuvQHQ

      Delete