Sunday, July 27, 2014

Hongdae guitarist

There's an area of Seoul called Hongdae. It's close to Hongik University and is reportedly a really cool neighborhood. I was in the area last Friday and decided to wander around while I had a spare hour or two.

As I was walking, I heard a guitar playing. I listened to him play a song. Then I listened to another. Then another.

Time flies when you're having fun. Forty-five minutes flew by as I listened to this guy. This music completely made my weekend.

His name is Sunho Jung (장선호). Below are a few songs I heard from him (these videos were recorded on different days, but they sounded just as good, if not better, last Friday).

This first one is "Big Blue Ocean," originally written by Japanese musician Kotaro Oshiro:



This one is the theme song from "Mission Impossible." This was awesome!



This one ended up being my favorite one. It's called "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence."



장선호 감사합니다! Thank you, Sunho Jung!


No comments:

Post a Comment